In order to provide the compassionate care we’re known for, SOVSC has made the difficult decision to implement strict guidelines to prevent unnecessary COVID-19 exposure to our employees. Their health and wellness are a critical part of continuing to provide care for our patients 24/7. The following are the Social Distancing Protocol we have implemented at SOVSC and will continue until further notice:
1. We are asking clients to remain in their vehicles when they arrive at SOVSC for their Specialty appointment and procedure drop-offs. We also ask that Specialty Clients park along the walkway by the main entrance of the hospital.
2. Please call 541-282-7711 to inform us of your arrival. The front desk will inform the appropriate department. If you are dropping your pet off for a procedure or surgery, the CSR/Liaison will request the estimated deposit via our website at email@example.com.
3. A member of the nursing team will approach your vehicle wearing appropriate personal protection equipment. They will take a history and will ask if you are willing to remain in your car for the duration of the appointment or would rather be placed in an exam room when it becomes available.
4. We will provide two slip leads, please place these leads securely around your dog’s neck. Cats must be secured in an appropriate carrier. If we do not feel your pet is secure, we will not remove them from your vehicle for their safety. You will then be asked to move your vehicle into our main parking lot. EXCEPTION: PETS EXPERIENCING A LIFE-THREATEING EMERGENCY.
5. Your pet will be brought to our treatment area to be examined by their Specialist. Their vitals will be taken and the history provided will be communicated thoroughly by our nursing team.
6. Your Specialist will communicate with you and relay their findings to you.
7. Your pet will be returned to your vehicle/exam room once all recommended treatments and testing have been completed. A member of the nursing team will go over your discharge summary.
8. A referral coordinator will call you at the number provided to request payment for your invoice via our website at SOVSC@SOVSC.com
9. We will be emailing all invoices at this time. However, we will accommodate those who request a hard copy of their invoice without hesitation. Please inform the front desk of your preference.